Some months ago I was offered the opportunity to participate in the Quality survey promoted by Cap Gemini, Sogeti and HP, and I found very interesting some of the contents in which it deepened. Few days ago I reviewed the results from the previous survey (2013-2014) and the they show a positive scenario for the world of testing. Below you can find the key findings as well as an interesting infographic.
- QA functions are becoming structurally more mature – the number of organizations with a fully functional TCOE increased from 6% in 2012 to 19% in 2013
- Organizations continue to increase the proportion of their IT budgets for Testing – from 18% in 2012 to 23% in 2013
- QA teams are still engaged too late in the application development lifecycle, which contributes to the increase of testing’s share within IT budgets to manage operational and quality inefficiencies
- Rise of Mobile Testing as a key discipline: 55% organizations now carry it out compared to 31% last year
- Organizations face challenges in managing test environments and creating test data – 16% of testing projects are executed with data created ‘as we go’, up from 5% in 2012
The full report can be found here [link]